Our aim is to raise awareness of sustainable tourism practices in order to encourage their use in Lao PDR. The network will enable open discussion between all those with an interest in sustainable tourism, and provide an opportunity for sharing information and making contacts.
The forum is open to all interested parties – the key to success is to attract and maintain a wide base of participants. We want to encourage both Lao and international individuals and organizations to regularly attend our monthly meetings. Ideally the participants will be drawn from both the public and private sectors, and from a range of fields including tourism, culture, conservation and poverty alleviation.
- support the Lao Government's objectives of developing and promoting a sustainable tourism industry.
- raise awareness of tourism issues among all stakeholders;
- promote a wide understanding of approaches to pro-poor tourism, community-based tourism, ecotourism and sustainable tourism;
- increase cooperation and partnership throughout the tourism sector;
- encourage the spread of best practice.
To see an archive of past presentations, click here
Thaviphet Oula (NTA), Tel: 020 577 79 47; firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Graham (SNV/NTA), Tel: 020 7596 497; email@example.com
The Lao Sustainable Tourism Network receives technical and financial support from the Lao National Tourism Administration, SNV, DED and the Mekong Tourism Development Project.